Markify now releases the world's first comprehensive trademark search API. It's fast and free and it covers the US and the EU.
We have debated internally quite a bit about how much you can and should cannibalize on your own business. Not an easy discussion.
A lot of the big on-line companies have very restricted APIs. After reading this very good blog post about APIs, we decided to go the other way.
So what do you get from the Markify trademark search API?
- The world's most accurate trademark search, finding 99% of confusingly similar trademarks.
- Results in similarity order. No one else does this.
- Daily updated trademark data from the USPTO and from the large pan-European database OHIM/CTM
- Fast and free. Average response times are less than 0.9 seconds.
Who do we think should be interested?
- Domain name registrars - Let your users do a fast trademark search to make sure they can use the domain name for their new business. We believe this will sell more domains to business oriented users. How? The level of trust and service will result in more buys than the occasional possible trademark conflict.
- Law firms - Become more time and cost efficient towards your trademark search/clearance clients.
- Legal and docketing software companies - You already have a great software and a client base. So now you can easily integrate the world's most accurate trademark search for USPTO and OHIM/CTM.
- Developers - You have an idea of a mash-up or a new way to use the trademark search engine? We will love to hear about it.
You find instructions, rules and documentation for the trademark search API here
Don't hesitate to contact us and we'll try to help you the best we can. And we love feedback! Send me a mail at my first name followed by our domain name.