Blog and news
During the INTA (International Trademark Association) Annual Meeting in Dallas last week we choose once again to be an exhibitor. It was our third Annual Meeting after San Francisco 2011 and Washington DC 2012. These meetings gather more than 8000 trademark attorneys and domain name professionals.
For a start-up it is always difficult to decide where to put your limited marketing dollars. But I must admit that I love these types of exhibitions or trade shows. There are four major reasons why we choose to invest in these events:
- Market overview. You get a very good sense of what services are out there and you get a chance to talk to the different service providers.
- Future sales. The contacts for future sales are very valuable. I would argue that the people coming in to your booth, probably are some of your most motivated, potential clients. I ended up with +400 business cards from people I believe can become some of my most important clients.
- Product feedback. The detailed feedback you get and the possibility to develop your product together with the potential client.
- Meeting competitors that may become future partners.
If you run a company and don't do trade shows, I would recommend you try one.
If you are in the trademark or domain name business, I suggest we meet at the next INTA annual meeting, in Hong Kong 2014.
In this blog I will mostly write about two subjects:
1. Trademarks, domain names, naming and branding - Four separate areas that often are not that separate.
2. Markify news - Features, markets, pricing, challenges etc.
Feedback and questions are always welcome. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canadian trademark database
similar domain names
infringing domain names
domain name watch
US trademark application
EU trademark registration
domain name monitoring
Monitor trademark classes
US common law
US trademark registration
confusingly similar trademarks
free trademark watch
fast brand building
Top Level Domains
comprehensive trademark search
free trademark search
likelihood of confusion
domain name search