We started Markify because we believe it should be easy to start a business.
One of the first challenges you face as an entrepreneur or brand owner is to find a new name for your business, product or service. Finding a good name has always been hard. But this has become increasingly difficult today due to the crowded name situation - both regarding domain names and trademarks.
To simplify the initial naming process for you, we developed Markify, a name-screening tool. With Markify, you can quickly and easily check any name to see if anybody is already operating under a similar trademark - in one or many markets. So you can avoid them in your search for a new domain name or trademark. Otherwise you might have to change your name later. A risk no business should take.
Our name availability search is different in couple of ways:
- We use a new type of similarity algorithm that is very accurate. It identifies most "killers" (potential name problems) without a lot of "noise" (names no court would find similar).
- We conduct a search of a wide range of databases. This includes trademark data from USPTO (US), CTM (European Union) and domain name data for .com and .net.
- The search is fast, easy and free.
We hope this will help you find a strong and effective name for your new business.
Our trademark availability search is free. We aim to make money instead on:
- Premium services. These services are under development and will be added soon.
- Fees from experts. In case you need hands-on legal advice, we will also provide you with suggestions of lawyers/experts. And they will pay a fee to us for introducing new customers to them.
This way we can keep the main service free and make it easier for you to start a business.
Try us out and tell us what you think!
Markify is a privately held company based in Stockholm, Sweden.
These articles do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. These articles set forth general educational principles only. Consult with a lawyer about your particular case.
Markify is a name-screening tool and there is no guarantee that it will find all potentially conflicting trademark registrations or that the found "similar" trademarks will pose a problem in the naming matter at hand.