Blog and news
Why is accuracy in trademark search so important?
Trademark practitioners of course know the answer but often have a hard time explaining it to their clients or to their organizations.
"Because without that accuracy you do not know, if it is safe to launch the new brand. And a future conflict is not something you want to risk."
Even if that should be rather easy to understand for trademark owners, there are a lot of premium trademarks launched without accurate clearance work done. It is our objective to change that with four unique Markify properties:
1. Find All Potential Conflicts
The Markify technology is the world's only statistically proven trademark search algorithm. Built on more than 12.000 actual cases where a government official in the US or the EU have concluded that two mark names are confusingly similar.
So we know we find the potential conflicts (+99%). We are not guessing. See the independent research study.
2. Less Noise
Our statistical method also let's us reduce the "noise" in reports and rank all results according to their statistical risk.
3. Fast and Easy Work-Flow
This full availability search just takes one minute. And the available tools to get the clearance work done are both powerful and easy.
4. Best Price and Free Trial
Taking a risk with a less accurate trademark search report is something very few companies can afford. We at Markify believe you should be able to combine top quality in a comprehensive report with a low price, so you never have to take that risk.
Visit the Markify exhibition booth (#1316) in Orlando for a demo and get your free trial.
If you are not there, send me an email at email@example.com.
Markify now releases the world's first comprehensive trademark search API. It's fast and free and it covers the US and the EU.
We have debated internally quite a bit about how much you can and should cannibalize on your own business. Not an easy discussion.
A lot of the big on-line companies have very restricted APIs. After reading this very good blog post about APIs, we decided to go the other way.
So what do you get from the Markify trademark search API?
- The world's most accurate trademark search, finding 99% of confusingly similar trademarks.
- Results in similarity order. No one else does this.
- Daily updated trademark data from the USPTO and from the large pan-European database OHIM/CTM
- Fast and free. Average response times are less than 0.9 seconds.
Who do we think should be interested?
- Domain name registrars - Let your users do a fast trademark search to make sure they can use the domain name for their new business. We believe this will sell more domains to business oriented users. How? The level of trust and service will result in more buys than the occasional possible trademark conflict.
- Law firms - Become more time and cost efficient towards your trademark search/clearance clients.
- Legal and docketing software companies - You already have a great software and a client base. So now you can easily integrate the world's most accurate trademark search for USPTO and OHIM/CTM.
- Developers - You have an idea of a mash-up or a new way to use the trademark search engine? We will love to hear about it.
You find instructions, rules and documentation for the trademark search API here
Don't hesitate to contact us and we'll try to help you the best we can. And we love feedback! Send me a mail at my first name followed by our domain name.
Benoit Fallenius Founder and CEO
In this blog I will mostly write about two subjects:
1. Trademarks, domain names, naming and branding - Four separate areas that often are not that separate.
2. Markify news - Features, markets, pricing, challenges etc.
Feedback and questions are always welcome. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.