Blog and news
We have now added the Canadian trademark database (CIPO) to our searching and monitoring services. We have made some adjustments to our system to handle that Canada not yet fully use the Nice classification system.
The price for a Comprehensive Search, or a Full Availability Search, as some providers call it, is set at USD 81 (or 59 EUR). For that you get our best-in-class similarity search algorithm that finds 99% of all confusingly similar trademarks – and with less "noise”. It is actually the best trademark similarity search in the world (see search report here).
Do you want to try one Comprehensive Search Report for free? Send me an email and I will send you the promotion code (benoit at markify.com).
We also offer our Knockout Plus Search for Canada for only USD 40. This is “broad” knockout, finding both identical, phonetically identical and other very similar results. Approx. 60% of all potential conflicts but with only 10% of the list length. This is the professional choice for any name screening project or for an application on a tight budget.
To order, you just sign up here: http://www.markify.com/services/comprehensive-search.html
You find the watching service here and the yearly price is only USD 34. Every week you get one report per client. And you get the same strong similirity algorithm so you will not miss any potential conflicts. Combine it with US watch if you need.
Questions? Contact me at benoit at markify.com.
Markify now releases the world's first comprehensive trademark search API. It's fast and free and it covers the US and the EU.
We have debated internally quite a bit about how much you can and should cannibalize on your own business. Not an easy discussion.
A lot of the big on-line companies have very restricted APIs. After reading this very good blog post about APIs, we decided to go the other way.
So what do you get from the Markify trademark search API?
- The world's most accurate trademark search, finding 99% of confusingly similar trademarks.
- Results in similarity order. No one else does this.
- Daily updated trademark data from the USPTO and from the large pan-European database OHIM/CTM
- Fast and free. Average response times are less than 0.9 seconds.
Who do we think should be interested?
- Domain name registrars - Let your users do a fast trademark search to make sure they can use the domain name for their new business. We believe this will sell more domains to business oriented users. How? The level of trust and service will result in more buys than the occasional possible trademark conflict.
- Law firms - Become more time and cost efficient towards your trademark search/clearance clients.
- Legal and docketing software companies - You already have a great software and a client base. So now you can easily integrate the world's most accurate trademark search for USPTO and OHIM/CTM.
- Developers - You have an idea of a mash-up or a new way to use the trademark search engine? We will love to hear about it.
You find instructions, rules and documentation for the trademark search API here
Don't hesitate to contact us and we'll try to help you the best we can. And we love feedback! Send me a mail at my first name followed by our domain name.
Benoit Fallenius Founder and CEO
In this blog I will mostly write about two subjects:
1. Trademarks, domain names, naming and branding - Four separate areas that often are not that separate.
2. Markify news - Features, markets, pricing, challenges etc.
Feedback and questions are always welcome. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.