Blog and news
Markify now releases the world's first comprehensive trademark search API. It's fast and free and it covers the US and the EU.
We have debated internally quite a bit about how much you can and should cannibalize on your own business. Not an easy discussion.
A lot of the big on-line companies have very restricted APIs. After reading this very good blog post about APIs, we decided to go the other way.
So what do you get from the Markify trademark search API?
- The world's most accurate trademark search, finding 99% of confusingly similar trademarks.
- Results in similarity order. No one else does this.
- Daily updated trademark data from the USPTO and from the large pan-European database OHIM/CTM
- Fast and free. Average response times are less than 0.9 seconds.
Who do we think should be interested?
- Domain name registrars - Let your users do a fast trademark search to make sure they can use the domain name for their new business. We believe this will sell more domains to business oriented users. How? The level of trust and service will result in more buys than the occasional possible trademark conflict.
- Law firms - Become more time and cost efficient towards your trademark search/clearance clients.
- Legal and docketing software companies - You already have a great software and a client base. So now you can easily integrate the world's most accurate trademark search for USPTO and OHIM/CTM.
- Developers - You have an idea of a mash-up or a new way to use the trademark search engine? We will love to hear about it.
You find instructions, rules and documentation for the trademark search API here
Don't hesitate to contact us and we'll try to help you the best we can. And we love feedback! Send me a mail at my first name followed by our domain name.
In this blog I will mostly write about two subjects:
1. Trademarks, domain names, naming and branding - Four separate areas that often are not that separate.
2. Markify news - Features, markets, pricing, challenges etc.
Feedback and questions are always welcome. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canadian trademark database
similar domain names
infringing domain names
domain name watch
US trademark application
EU trademark registration
domain name monitoring
Monitor trademark classes
US common law
US trademark registration
confusingly similar trademarks
free trademark watch
fast brand building
Top Level Domains
comprehensive trademark search
free trademark search
likelihood of confusion
domain name search