Blog and news
Why is accuracy in trademark search so important?
Trademark practitioners of course know the answer but often have a hard time explaining it to their clients or to their organizations.
"Because without that accuracy you do not know, if it is safe to launch the new brand. And a future conflict is not something you want to risk."
Even if that should be rather easy to understand for trademark owners, there are a lot of premium trademarks launched without accurate clearance work done. It is our objective to change that with four unique Markify properties:
1. Find All Potential Conflicts
The Markify technology is the world's only statistically proven trademark search algorithm. Built on more than 12.000 actual cases where a government official in the US or the EU have concluded that two mark names are confusingly similar.
So we know we find the potential conflicts (+99%). We are not guessing. See the independent research study.
2. Less Noise
Our statistical method also let's us reduce the "noise" in reports and rank all results according to their statistical risk.
3. Fast and Easy Work-Flow
This full availability search just takes one minute. And the available tools to get the clearance work done are both powerful and easy.
4. Best Price and Free Trial
Taking a risk with a less accurate trademark search report is something very few companies can afford. We at Markify believe you should be able to combine top quality in a comprehensive report with a low price, so you never have to take that risk.
Visit the Markify exhibition booth (#1316) in Orlando for a demo and get your free trial.
If you are not there, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the INTA (International Trademark Association) Annual Meeting in Dallas last week we choose once again to be an exhibitor. It was our third Annual Meeting after San Francisco 2011 and Washington DC 2012. These meetings gather more than 8000 trademark attorneys and domain name professionals.
For a start-up it is always difficult to decide where to put your limited marketing dollars. But I must admit that I love these types of exhibitions or trade shows. There are four major reasons why we choose to invest in these events:
- Market overview. You get a very good sense of what services are out there and you get a chance to talk to the different service providers.
- Future sales. The contacts for future sales are very valuable. I would argue that the people coming in to your booth, probably are some of your most motivated, potential clients. I ended up with +400 business cards from people I believe can become some of my most important clients.
- Product feedback. The detailed feedback you get and the possibility to develop your product together with the potential client.
- Meeting competitors that may become future partners.
If you run a company and don't do trade shows, I would recommend you try one.
If you are in the trademark or domain name business, I suggest we meet at the next INTA annual meeting, in Hong Kong 2014.
Benoit Fallenius Founder and CEO
In this blog I will mostly write about two subjects:
1. Trademarks, domain names, naming and branding - Four separate areas that often are not that separate.
2. Markify news - Features, markets, pricing, challenges etc.
Feedback and questions are always welcome. Email me at email@example.com.